Project SPOME - SharePoint Object Model Extension

This project was born from necessity. After some months of developing sharepoint publishing webs we had the necessity to create work around solutions for some issues that we found in sharepoint. The best example of this is the fact that after an export / import using stsadm command we lose all settings of SPWebs, like master page, and navigation. So we started to produce this tool to provide solutions for these problems:

» Saving website structure to xml

» Restoring website structure from xml, restore masterpage settings, restore hidden items.

» Importing and Exporting PageLayout association to ContentType.
This was a problem when passing master pages and pagelayouts via sharepoint designer they lost the associated content type.
So by exporting in the association in the source website and importing in the destination website we solve this problem.

» Rebuilding publishing workflow.
We had several problems with workflows that didnt get created properly when the spsite was created.
By using this option all workflows are re-created properly.

» Reset Website Hierarchy Permissions.
When you copy parts of your website the permitions get set to only the user that performed the copy.
With this all site returns to default permission(inherit from parent).

Last edited Oct 29, 2007 at 9:13 PM by lmpalves, version 4